124 Christina Street
Sarnia, ON N7T 8E1
Telephone: 519 337-3291
Fax: 519 337-3041
Friday, October 02, 2009 For Immediate Release
The Sarnia Library Presents its 2009 HORROR Mini Film Festival
Sarnia, ON – The Sarnia Library is presenting a free horror mini film festival starting on Saturday October 24th at 12 noon with Zombiefest!
Saturday, October 24
• At 12pm the library will show “Shaun of the Dead”, a Zombie comedy that provides 'how-to' zombie information. The film is rated R due to gore and excessive swearing; all attendees must be 18 years of age or older.
• A Zombie Walk will follow from 2-3pm where people dress as zombies and wander the sidewalks of Downtown Sarnia getting people into the Halloween spirit. People under 18 will need a parent or a signed permission slip available at the Reference Desk.
• The library will show the movie “Fido” at 3pm, retro 50’s story of a boy and his zombie. Persons under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Monday, October 26 at 7pm
• “A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warrior” will be shown in the Sarnia Library Theatre. This movie examines the origin of Freddy Krueger, the burned man with claws on his hand. The movie is rated R and all attendees must be 18 years or older.
Wednesday, October 28th at 7pm
• The Sarnia Library's third annual showing of the British musical horror movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" will take place on Wednesday, October 28th. Costumes are encouraged.
Both movies on Monday and Wednesday nights will be followed by an optional discussion at Ups and Downs pub. Admission is free; however, the library will accept donations of canned goods and other non perishable items for the Inn of the Good Shepherd Food Bank. Please call the Reference Department at 519 337-3291 for more information on each of the films or to register.
For more information about Lambton County, visit www.lambtononline.ca
Jeffrey Allan Beeler
Reference Librarian, Sarnia Library
124 Christina Street South
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada N7T 8E1
Telephone: 519 337-3291 email: firstname.lastname@example.org